IT Advisory – Technical Account Manager
Status: Permanent, Full-Time | Location: Ottawa, Ontario
A Technical Account Manager (TAM) is an advanced technology resource that is responsible for articulating technology direction and technical solutions for client organizations. The TAM will provide strategy, management, leadership and support for assigned clients.
Document and implement client technology strategy – The TAM will help develop the most effective IT strategy for their client’s organization. The TAM will work with the Technology Advisory team and leverage their business experience to engage and align with multiple stakeholder’s needs.
Client technology management – The TAM will align the clients’ IT investments to their business goals. In this role he/she will assist clients to make decisions that optimize IT operations, budgets and organizational design. The TAM will help define the right technology management plan for the client’s organization.
Program and Project Leadership – Technology transformations have far-reaching effects on organizations. These require leadership and management to reduce the impact to business during transition and configuration, testing and Go Live phases. The TAM will develop, organize and package projects and programs to ensure transparency, manage vendors and support leadership during change.
Operational Support – The TAM should integrate themselves into the account and gain an understanding of high-level business processes. The TAM will be empowered to deliver comprehensive reports with recommendations, enabling informed decisions about technology investments.
- Assist with sales activities to identify solutions for new client activities.
- Support peer resources when faced with challenges in which they are not fully versed
- Mentor junior resources to provide knowledge in solution requirements, challenges and resolution possibilities
- Assist in complex solution issue resolution
- Engage with vendors to ascertain technology details pertinent to customer issues
- Canadian “Secret” clearance or ability to acquire a Secret clearance
- A college diploma in computer science, or equivalent experience and 10+ years of progressively responsible experience in a similar role
- working knowledge of Microsoft Azure, Office 365, virtualization technologies, networking protocols and related infrastructure
- Experience documenting and presenting solution architectures and achieving customer approval and acceptance
- Experience managing implementation projects
- Current industry certifications
Reporting: The Technical Account Manager reports to the Director of Operations. When working on project work, he will report to the Director of Application Services for the duration of the project. Ultimate prioritization of work or conflict resolution with regards to task loading will be resolved by the Director of Operations.
Commitment: This role is a full-time responsibility. The majority of efforts should be focused on be client billable activity with a portion of account management activities occupying the balance of the available time.
Compensation: The total compensation model is based on an expected activity level involving multiple factors.
Expectations for this position
- Demonstrate a drive to research new technologies and propose them when appropriate
- Be able to manage multiple clients simultaneously
- Excellent time management skills to operate in a matrixed environment
- Desire to provide excellence in solutions for a client
- An understanding of the role of the service provider and supporting client decisions
- Understanding of efforts required to deliver solutions
- Ability to set expectations for clients pertaining to solution implementation and issue resolution
- Ability to interpret customer concerns and deliver meaningful resolution
- Ability to engage with peers as a team member to facilitate high performance service delivery
- Ability to recognize challenges with solutions and identify alternative methods to achieve a technical goal
- Documenting solution architectures
- Documenting and articulating details to be used in statements of work and proposals
- Reviewing technical solution bill of materials to validate component configurations