- Responsible for providing quality technology support services to a selected set of clients ranging in size from 50 to 1500 employees.
- Duties will be performed at the IDS corporate offices as well as at client premises within the National Capital Region.
- Perform technical configuration and maintenance duties for client IT infrastructures.
- Perform end user support of server systems, end-user environments, networks and storage technologies.
- Conduct Network equipment patching.
- Maintain and install equipment.
- Monitor and optimize client technology infrastructures.
- Install and configure servers, server applications and data.
- Troubleshoot issues and perform resolution activities.
- Plan network and platform upgrades with client requirements and priorities.
- Escalate issues to senior resources when appropriate.
- Participate with on-call duty rotation as necessary.
- Interact with clients in a professional and timely manner.
- Interact with suppliers, manufacturers and vendors for necessary support activities.
- Experience administering and supporting Microsoft Office 365
- Basic configuration and administration of Microsoft Server 2012 up to current
- Experienced with various firewall technologies including WatchGuard and Fortinet. Certifications would be an asset.
- Experience with Aruba and other network switches. Certifications would be an asset.
- Thorough understanding of TCP/IP and Ethernet networking protocols.
- Knowledge of specific products such as Windows and Linux-based servers, firewalls, switches, messaging systems, databases, backup and recovery software, and server virtualization environments.
- Experienced with and certified in Windows Azure, 365 and related technologies.
- Experienced with and certified in Active Directory 2012 up to current, as well as Azure Active Directory
- Experienced and fluent with DNS and DHCP
- Basic knowledge and understanding of Linux servers.
- Strong troubleshooting skills- ability to solve problems.
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written).
- French verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively interact both with client end-users, as well as with peer technology professionals.
- Ability to work as a team member or independently.
- Well organized with good planning skills.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work including time management.
- Ability to learn “on the fly”.
- Ability to meet deadlines and follow through on commitments.
- Security cleared would be an asset.
- Access to personal transportation and a valid driver’s license is required for this role.
To inquire about this position please contact as at email@example.com.
To apply for this position please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.