Service Desk – NOC Technician
Status: Full-time | Location: Ottawa, ON
The Service Desk Technician is responsible for handling first level support of service requests in a professional and timely manner. This relates to technology including workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications and operating systems.
- Support of disaster recovery solutions.
- Basic technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security. Includes firewall rules changes, firmware updates etc.
- Basic remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services.
- System documentation maintenance.
- Communication with customers as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
- Advanced understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems, and network systems.
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
- Diagnostic skills for technical issues.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment.
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
- 3 years of IT or related experience (MSP experience Preferred).
- Bilingualism (English / French) would be an asset.
- Experience in service tools such as ConnectWise, N-Able’s N-Central, IT Glue