IT Project Leader
Status: Full-time | Location: Ottawa, ON
Description: Full-Time IT Project Leader
About IDS Systems and this opportunity
IDS Systems is an Ottawa based small business that is best known for building IT infrastructure, migrating organizations to the cloud, and providing data protection services. IDS offers clients both professional services and managed IT services.
As a result of corporate growth, IDS Systems is seeking a hands-on IT Project Leader with 5-10 years experience leading teams of technical IT professionals to successfully deliver IT Infrastructure projects – both large and small – to our valued customers.
Reporting to the Director, Service Delivery, the successful candidate will be able to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues alike, possess a strong attention to detail, work independently and manage multiple simultaneous projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Supervise and prioritize activities of IDS IT Professional Services team members to successfully deliver IT assignments and projects
- Assist management in providing monthly cost and capacity reports and forecasts, schedules and cash flows
- Gather information and requirements from the sales team and from clients to produce project plans that reflect the proposed scope of work
- Ensure accuracy of estimated levels of effort, timelines, and risks
- Assign staff based on availability and skills to projects
- Effectively communicate team responsibilities to ensure each member is aware of their specific role and assignments.
- Review contracts to ensure reflection of proposal details
- Transpose contract details into internal resource management tools
- Act as the project point of contact and liaise with the client and the IDS service delivery team
- Simultaneously lead multiple projects within the IT Professional Services and IT Managed Services departments
- Appropriately prioritize activities and resource conflicts
- Manage project(s) progress by:
- Lead regular technical team meetings to ensure IDS technical delivery team members are clear on tasks and completion details
- Ensure that personnel are empowered and enabled to meet their role expectations
- Ensure obstacles are removed to facilitate project success
- Ensure seamless coordination between services, product sales and any 3rd party suppliers as applicable
- Ensure clients are kept informed of progress and the need for change orders, potential challenges and obstacles
- Ensure project documentation is completed and delivered
- Work with accounting to ensure project and month end time & billing reporting is accurate and timely
- Responsible for project close-out activities, including delivery and archiving of documents and as-built designs.
- As part of project closure activities, identify deficiencies and make recommendations for future improvement.
- Hands-on professional who leads by example
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with experience establishing guidelines in these areas for others
- Strong interpersonal skills with a commitment to customer satisfaction
- Self-motivated, ability to work accurately under pressure in a team setting
- Computer software skills, including a working knowledge of scheduling (MS Project), MS Word and Excel software applications
- Post secondary education or equivalent experience in business, information technology, or a related discipline
- Proficiency in French is an asset
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Opportunities for growth and development
- An open and collaborative work environment
Contract length: Permanent
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Schedule: Day shift, Monday to Friday
COVID-19 considerations: We offer remote work opportunities during Covid-19
Location: Ottawa, ON (Preferred)
Language: English (Required)
Work remotely: Temporarily due to COVID-19