Service: Business Development | Location: Ottawa, ON
We are looking for a technical sales professional to lead our business development activities. This individual will act as the out-bound account management and sales specialist for our team of IT services specialists. This role is a key position that will be focused on bringing in new business to the organization. Our team is one of the best IT services teams in the region, one that you would be proud to represent! If you are a technical sales person that takes pride in facilitating high calibre IT services delivery for server platforms, networking, network security and Microsoft cloud services, we may have the role that you have been looking for!
IDS Systems is a leading professional services consulting firm, based in the Nation’s capital. We provide managed IT services in addition to offering highly skilled technical resources versed in delivering specialized IT solutions for organizations of varying sizes, complexities, and business verticals. We employ only the best IT technical resources with years of experience. Our team I comprised of self-starters with a passion for technology who serve as specialists that work cohesively with colleagues to deliver solutions.
Reporting to the President, the Account Executive’s mission is to identify new service delivery opportunities and negotiate the sale with the client organization. Supported by seasoned technology experts and a positive energy culture, the successful candidate will be a team player that can thrive in a fast-moving environment, ensuring client satisfaction and repeat services delivery engagements. You will be supported by strong professional pre-sales expertise as well as inside sales support as required. Your role will be one where you are highly engaged with clients, facilitating positive customer relationships.
The Account Executive role is one where written proposals, statements of work and continuous client engagement will set them apart from their peers. Knowledge of the IT services sales arena and an understanding of the efforts that go into solutions and service delivery will ensure success. You will be focused on developing a book of client business that will continue to generate commissions well after the initial engagement.
The Account Executive will establish a relationship with client stakeholders and facilitate a balanced interaction with the technical team. The role is the primary relationship with clients and is essential in establishing client trust. The Account Executive will ensure that billings are fair and will advocate for the client as required. The focus will be on identifying new client relationships and establishing a long-standing engagement for IT services delivery with the client. The person will be responsible to understand the client needs and ensure that solutions being delivered are achieving the intended goal. He/She will work with the Technical Services Manager to balance priorities of service delivery based on client needs.
The Account Executive will develop and manage the relationship between the client, the technical services delivery team and the IDS management team. This person will assist in balancing capacity concerns and communicate the urgency of client needs.
This person will deliver quotations, proposals and Statements of work to clients and prospective clients. They will create templates for account management and work with the President to ensure that the proper skills are being made available to the client.
Duties and Responsibilities
Identify and acquire new business
- Perform cold calling to prospective clients
- Conduct new business campaigns to identify new clients
- Manage introductory client meetings
- Identify qualified prospects to management
- Ensure sales process completion and final engagement of clients
- Maintain the details of the client relationship in the CRM solution
- Report on funnel to management
Develop a relationship with designated client
- Routinely follow up with clients to acquire satisfaction levels
- Engage with the client to understand priorities
- Provide a venue for customers to raise concerns related to service delivery
- Generate a personal relationship with clients to become a trusted partner
Manage client contracts and related documentation
- Prepare contract paperwork as required for service initiatives
- Ensure paperwork is continuing to move through the procurement process
- Ensure that committed services are feasible and deliverable by the firm
- Follow up to ensure continued contract validity with all assigned clients
- Ensure that client deliverables are satisfactory to the end client.
Advocate on behalf of assigned clients
- Review all invoices prior to release to clients
- Ensure that services are delivered as expected to clients
- Promote concerns over service deliver to management
- Communicate customer satisfaction concerns to management
Provide a review of customer proposals to ensure that the proposed solution is in the interests of the client
- Client facing proponent representing the firm to assigned customers
- Presents client priorities to management to assure proper prioritization of activities.
- Advocates on behalf of client to management to communicate concerns and priorities
- Responsible for tracking assigned client initiatives and reporting on service backlog to management
Desired education and experience
- 5 years experience in IT services sales
- Experience working with professional services delivery firms
- Experience reporting sales funnel information to management
- Excellent command of the English language, written and spoken, fluency in spoken French would be an advantage.
- Experience with and understanding of selling services related to networks, network security, and cloud services.
- Experience selling managed services
The successful candidate is a sales professional that is experienced in technology services sales. They are passionate about delivering high calibre solutions and services. A non-technical knowledge of the IT ecosystem is essential, including networking, network security, cloud services, and related technologies will set this person out from the crowd. The candidate will be a self starter that understands the offerings and will use relationships, influences and their social skills to establish a trusted relationship with customers.
The activities are driven by a desire to achieve goals with a driven attitude that seizes the moment. Although this person understands the limits and capabilities of the organization, they can see opportunities in client organizations that entrench our services with the client. They thrive in a team environment and can use the resources, both technical and human, at their disposal to the benefit of the firm.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Good influential and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of the IT operations consulting value chain.
- Proven experience and understanding of the complete IT infrastructure life cycle.
- An active business profile with an existing visibility in the local community
- Confidence in organizational leadership and direction.
- Enthusiastic focus on achieving company goals.
- High personal ethical standards with an open, honest and trustworthy approach.
- Effective, concise communication.